I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Don't Judge...I'm In Love With A Rock
December 1, 2016
As I stare at a blank computer screen trying to think of all things December I’m having some trouble embracing holiday cheer. See, in Virginia it’s grey, rainy and around 70 degrees outside. Not quite the beautiful winter landscape you see in calendars.
While letting my eyes wander around the room, in an attempt to see anything but a blinking curser calling my name, I see it…. a big rock with a light in it.
Ok, so it’s not a rock, it’s a Himalayan Salt Lamp. I love this lamp. I’m wondering why everyone doesn’t have a rock of their own to love. Maybe everyone doesn’t know they could love a chunk of salt!
I’ve noticed a little buzz going on about Himalayan Salt Lamps lately so I thought I would list some of the reasons I want one in every room of my house.
1. I, personally, find the aesthetically pleasing.
2. They help cleanse and deodorize the air reducing allergy symptoms.
(With family visiting for the holidays who doesn’t want that? If Aunt Maggie brings her yorkie again you made need it!)
3. Helps increase energy levels. (If you like science stuff look up effects of negative ions. Also, who doesn’t want more energy!?! )
4. Sleep better!! If you like to sleep in total darkness just turn the light on for a few hours before bed. The heat of the light activates the hygroscopic cycle. (Basically, attracting water molecules, changing released molecules and expelling negative ions)
5. My favorite reason! Neutralizing electromagnetic radiation. With our homes filled corner to corner with electronics EM exposure has become a part of our lives possibly
causing chronic fatigue, increased stress levels and decreased immune abilities. I, myself, notice a huge difference when having electronics in my bedroom vs none to little in the bedroom. I sleep deeper and wake up more refreshed when I don’t have electronics in the room. Having a Himalayan Salt Lamp in the bedroom would be a perfect addition for those who can’t go electronic free.
Is there any wonder why I get all “the feels” when I talk about my lamp? If you like all the ion and molecule talk you won’t have any problem finding articles on line for more detail. If you think you could love a big ole chunk of salt for yourself I would recommend checking reviews for the company you choose and it must be Himalayan Salt.
(I’m seeing gift potential here!!)
Wherever you find yourself this December, whether you have snow covered hills or are still wearing shorts, find time to unplug. Turn off the iPad, tablet or whatever you use and spend some time with the things you love. Nurture your energy reserves. Sleep deeply.
May your holidays be filled with love and laughter.